Atletico vs Celta Prediction and Betting Tips

As Atletico Madrid and Celta Vigo takes on each other in La Liga Matchday 3, we bring to you Atletico vs Celta Prediction and Betting Tips.

Atletico vs Celta Prediction and Betting Tips:

Celta Vigo and Atletico goes face to face in La Liga matchday 3. Both teams have been in a similar League this time. They won 1 match and drew 1. The 1st match Atletico had was against Valencia which turned out as a draw. Their 2nd match was against Rayo Vallecano. Atletico did not impress us a lot in this match. However Griezmann managed to score a goal for Atletico Madrid and helping them win by 1-0.

On the other hand, Celta Vigo hasn’t been going that bad either. Celta drew their 1st match against Espanyol by 1-1. Then, they secured a victory against Levante by 2-1. Celta seem in form while Atletico doesn’t.

Atletico defeated Real Madrid recently in UEFA Super Cup. The match score was 4-2. Although Atletico were not able to defeat Real Madrid in the given time, but the final score was 4-2. Atletico now aims to gain their first away victory this La Liga while Celta won’t be going slow on them. Celta is considered a hard team to beat at home.

The last year’s runner up might be in for some trouble against Celta. The gap between the teams is immense. Celta was 13th last season. Out of their 38 matches, They won 13, drew 10 and lost 15. On the other hand Atletico were the runner ups. Out of the 38 matches, they won 23, drew 10 and lost 5. They were able to push Real Madrid for the 2nd spot in La Liga.

As of now, Atletico is 9th in the standings with Celta at 8th!

Atletico’s Form:

Atletico is not in great form at the start of this league. We have seen them suffer against teams they should be able to beat down easily. Who would have thought that their victory will be of 1-0 against Rayo Vallecano and a draw against Valencia. We were hyped up over the team after they defeated Real Madrid 4-2. However this seems out of the context now. Atletico are seeming out of form. We are unaware of will they be able to perform well in this match. It may be safe to assume that they will not be performing well enough.

Antoine Griezmann seem in form this year. He already scored 1 goal and had an assist as well. So all of the goals of Atletico had Griezmann involved in it.

Nonetheless, we now move on to the last 5 matches played by these teams. Atletico won 3, drew 1 and lost 1 of their last 5 matches! This may seem as they are in top form. Their last 5 matches goes as WDWLW. However as mentioned earlier, their performance in La Liga is not something to be proud of.

Celta Vigo’s Form:

Celta seem way more in form than Atletico this time. They have managed to retain a higher spot in La Liga. Their last 5 matches are not that great as Atletico Madrid. Celta won 2, drew 2 and lost 1. Both their victories were against Levante. However upon closer look, all their defeat were well fought for and in all the matches, Celta was able to perform better than Atletico is performing. Their last 5 matches goes as WDDLW.

Celta’s Pione Sisto has been performing well this Season. He already has 1 goal and 1 assist. Similar to those of Griezmann. Furthermore, Maxi Gomez has a similar record as well.

Furthermore, Celta will be playing at home. We are aware of how they have turned Balaidos into their own fortress. They may not win, but they might give Atletico a tough match and may even draw it.

[socialpoll id=”2517591″]

Conclusion:

It is obvious that Atletico are not in form while Celta is. Many may present an argument that how apart these teams are in skills. Let’s take the last 5 head to head matches. Celta wasn’t able to win 1 and even draw 1. The last 5 matches were won by Atletico Madrid. The last match in these 5 were played in 2016. So they have not been able to draw a match since 2016. Atletico may have made a image of being the stronger team, which they are, but they are not in form. This season has been almost a disaster for them.

The win probability favours Atletico by a heavy margin. Their win probability is 54%. Chances of draw are 26% and Chances of Celta winning will be 20%.

Nonetheless, our Atletico vs Celta Prediction will be in favour of a draw. Based on how in form Celta is and it will be their home ground and on the fact that Atletico is not in form, I would favour a draw. Therefore, I believe Atletico vs Celta Prediction will be a draw.

Atletico vs Celta Prediction of score will be 1-1.

 

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *