Lyon vs Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips

As Lyon takes on Strasbourg in the 3rd Matchday of Ligue 1, we bring to you Lyon vs Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips.

Lyon vs Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips:

Betting Sites Bet365

Unibet

bwin

betfair

williamhill

NetBet

Ladbrokes

New Customer Offer BetCredits $ 50 $ 200 $ 100 $ 100 $ 50 $ 20
Olympique Lyon 3/10 7/25 28/100 N/A 1/4 29/100 30/100
Draw 9/2 9/2 9/2 N/A 9/2 47/10 17/4
Strasbourg 9/1 19/2 17/2 N/A 15/2 35/4 9/1

Lyon recorded a 2-0 win in the opening match of Ligue 1 against Amiens. However Lyon failed to impress us in the second match when it had a 1-0 defeat to Nimes. Lyon will be aiming to win this game and Strasbourg will by completely be undesirable end when the two teams face off each other. As we all know, Strasbourg does not have a good record when being the host. Despite the fact that Strasbourg defeated Bordeaux on the road in the first game of the season, we believe that the visitors will return empty handed.

In the last League, Lyon stood at number 3 with Paris and Monaco at 1st and 2nd respectively. They had 23 wins and lost 6 games and drew 9 matches. This is a great record. In comparison to this, Strasbourg was utterly inefficient. They were placed 15 last league. They won 9 victories and had 11 draws and lost 18 Matches! We can see from this that which team is better.

Strasbourg’s Form:

Strasbourg is not a great team and may not be comparison Lyon in any way. However the team has their own achievements and strength. Strasbourg has won the Ligue 1 once. However that was back in 1979. This is the greatest achievement of the club. However we are to look at the recent form of both teams. Strasbourg, in the last 5 matches they played, won only 2 and even lost 2. They drew 1 match. Strasbourg doesn’t look quite in form this time around. Their form is DWLWL.

Lyon’s Form:

Lyon is a great team but they seem out of form. They were 3rd in Ligue 1 last year but their recent matches have shown a lot of problems for them. In their last 5 matches, they won 2 and lost 3! this is a pretty bad record for a team which was 3rd last season. However out of their defeats, one was against Chelsea. Lyon managed to defend against Chelsea. They defended the score at 0-0. They were also unable to score. However Chelsea claimed victory in penalties at 5-4. Lyon can be recognized as a strong team based on this. A player to look an eye in the match Rafael.

[socialpoll id=”2516849″]

Conclusion:

Although Lyon may not seem very strong based on their form, they are a top tier team. Their win probability is almost imposing. Lyon has a win probability of 72%. Chances of draw are 18% and the chance of Strasbourg winning is almost 10 percent. These stats are dominating! Furthermore, the last 5 matches between these teams have had 4 victories for Lyon and 1 for Strasbourg. Strasbourg also won the last match played between the 2 teams by 3-2. This match was played recently.

However despite how equal the team may seem, my Lyon vs Strasbourg Prediction will be in favour of Strasbourg. Lyon is a better overall team. If we take into consideration that Strasbourg have been performing really well, I’d say Lyon vs Strasbourg Prediction will be that Lyon would win by 2-1.

 

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *